Monday, March 7, 2011

Trade with "Heartbreaking Cards of Staggering Genius"

Matt over at Heartbreaking Cards of Staggering Genius sent me a huge amount of 2011 Topps and some 2009 American Heritage in exchange for some 2010 Allen & Ginter's Inserts and 2011 Topps Inserts.  I now need less than 100 cards to complete my 2011 Topps Series 1 set.  This trade is exactly why I love card blogging and trading with fellow bloggers.  It is not about $$$, but about set building and helping someone out with what they need in exchange for your needs.

The 2011 Topps included some stars but also some Royals, which I know Matt and I appreciate.  One notable current Royals that is shown as a Brewer is Jeremy Jeffress.  Jeffress was a piece of the Zack Greinke trade.  He looks to figure into the Royals future bullpen plans with a fastball that tops 100 mph.


As a history teacher I can appreciate the American Heritage cards a great deal.  I love the idea of putting America's historical figures on trading cards highlighting their achievements to our past.  Topps has thought a lot of this as well when you consider the number of non-sports subjects in sets like this and Allen & Ginter.


Thanks Matt!  This was a great trade.

2 comments:

  1. That's great that it only took a day to get to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad for USPS when it only has to travel 110 miles.

    ReplyDelete