Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Another Trade with Nachos Grande via Trade Stack Claim

I took a short hiatus from the blog world for a little rest and relaxation baseball style.  My wife and I were able to head to Phoenix and catch a little spring training baseball during our school's spring break.  We went to 5 games (a 6th was rained out) including 3 Royals games.  We were also able to see quite a bit of baseball's top farm system as we attended 3 minor league practices.  If any of you baseball fans have not had the chance to head Arizona or Florida, you need to find some time.  It is a great experience and one that you can't get during the season.  While down there we were able to see games at the new Diamondbacks facility along with the Royals, Mariners, Indians, and Dodgers camps.  Upon returning from our trip we were able to catch the Royals-Angels on Opening Day and then again on Saturday.  I am proud to say that the Royals are currently in 1st place in the AL Central after 4 straight walk-off wins.  While I would love to see that continue, realistically I know the success will probably be short-lived.  While I won't ever give up on them, I can definitely say it more fun when they're winning.

Anyway to the trade.  When Chris over at Nachos Grande posted statistics from his trade stacks, one notable team that was missing were the Royals.  I told him he should definitely get some Royals cards in the stacks and the very next stack started with a 1985 George Brett All Star.  After giving him a hard time about his lack of Royals in the past I felt that I better be a good trader and grab that stack.  I waited for a couple of days as he put some other cards onto the stack including Chipper Jones, Matt Williams, Andrew McCutchen, and W.E.B. Dubois.  While the Brett card sealed the deal for me, the Dubois card closed it as the history teacher in me said that I couldn't pass that up.  I have really enjoyed the Topps American Heritage sets so the stack became mine.  On top of that he sent me some additional Royals cards for my collection including one of recently retired Royal favorite Mike Sweeney.  Thanks Chris!


No comments:

Post a Comment