Sunday, June 26, 2011

Better Late Than Never To Finish That Hem (err...trade) With Sewing Machine Guy


Sad to say, that a while back I completed a trade with Larry, AKA Sewing Machine Guy, for some 2011 Topps Heritage that each of us needed, but I never got around to posting this until now.  Needless to say, I think I got a great deal.  One of my favorite cards was not even a part of the trade, as Larry included some Royals in the deal.  Besides my current favorite Royal Billy Butler's 2007 UD Masterpiece card, and newly resurgent former prospect Alex Gordon's 2008 UD Masterpiece card, I was surprised with my very first card of one of the Royals top prospects, Mike Moustakas.  "Moose's" 2009 Tristar Obak card was a sweet inclusion into the trade.  Now if you follow the Royals....ok everyone stop laughing right there, there are a few of you...then you know that Moustakas has been called up to take the everyday 3rd base job.  Moustakas has dominated every level of the minors and although he started this season pretty cold he caught fire after fellow Royal prospect and now Royal first baseman Eric Hosmer joined the big club.  Both have done a very good job and all of the Royals fans are hoping to see many more cards of these fine two ballplayers in the Royal blue!


So the purpose of the trade was to swap some 2011 Heritage.  I really don't know why I got involved with this year's Heritage set, but I bought a couple of packs, then a blaster, and another blaster, and the next thing you know........I am in deep.  I was able to cross a few more cards off my want list including a couple of the great "floating heads" cards of the A.L. and N.L. Strikeout leaders as well as Phillie ace Cliff Lee.  I don't know if I will ever get to completing this set as I have a couple of other sets taking priority over this one, but it's not like I have a deadline.

Thanks Larry for the great trade.  I love the Singer playing card!  You have inspired me to come up with a calling card for my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Every time I see that Cliff Lee card I wonder what's bothering him. Maybe his goldfish went belly up or something. Thanks for the trade buddy.

    ReplyDelete