Friday, April 9, 2010

1980 Topps Needed

The inspiration for starting this blog was my introduction to card collecting in 1980. Tonight, I dug through boxes to locate those cards. Apparently, I had put them into a binder some time ago so making the list of wants was much easier. It was fun to take the time and look through the set and see what started me on this mad craze and now the chase to finally see it to its completion. Upon opening the binder I was quickly reminded of my start in collecting. After I began to amass my stack of cards, my mother decided they needed to be put somewhere. (No, she didn't throw them out!) So she decided make me some bulletin boards and gave me thumbtacks. You got to love moms. As you can see, this resulted in this Willie McCovey with the pinhole in the upper left corner. Not to be outdone, by grandmother decided that my cousin and I needed to keep track of our cards so they wouldn't get mixed up. She didn't quite understand that we often went home with different cards than we came with, but she still made us put our names on the back. I autographed quite a few cards that summer.

As I continued to go through the cards, I came across a great action shot of Gary Carter.  This type of shot was unusual for 1980 as most of the pictures were stills or batting stances.  I wonder if the runner was safe or out???

Anyway, my 1980 Topps needs are located on my Want List page. Please let me know what you have to trade and we can work something out. Mint condition is definitely not expected. They would look out of place next to these.

2 comments:

  1. I might be able to knock out some of the 1980 cards. I'll check this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll check and see if I have some of these.

    ReplyDelete