Thursday, April 15, 2010

Identify These Cards Please!

About 15 years ago I attended an auction that offered quite a collection of sportscards for sale.  I ended up purchasing a couple of boxes not really knowing what I was getting.  I found some interesting cards yesterday from that purchase that I could never identify.  If anybody can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

There were 24 cards in the box.  The cards are roughly 2 1/4" x 3 1/4".  The fronts have player pictures with signatures.  They have dashed lines around the outer edge to appear that they have been cut apart and then professionally laminated.

The backs include the player name and team followed by a brief paragraph detailing many statistics and awards from mainly 1970.  The team logo appears in the background. 

Player Checklist:  Pete Rose, Roberto Clemente, Willie Horton, Luis Aparicio, Ernie Banks, Ferguson Jenkins, Tom Seaver, Willie Mays, Harmon Killebrew, Denny McLain, Rusty Staub, Brooks Robinson, Alex Johnson, Reggie Jackson, Frank Robinson, Hank Aaron, Sam McDowell, Al Kaline, Boog Powell, Carl Yastrzemski, Rico Carty, Frank Howard, Bob Gibson, and Johnny Bench.

2 comments:

  1. Do I win a prize? They are 1971 MLB Photostamps Here's a link to some of the other cards:

    http://www.baseball-cards.com/baseball-cards/carl-yastrzemski-1971-dell-mlb-stamp-laminated.shtml

    I would say they are pretty rare as I can't seem to find any on eBay right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Matt! I will have to dig around and see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete