Wednesday, January 18, 2012

2012 Trade Post #1 - Cards from the Quarry

Just got around to posting about my first trade of 2012.  Johnny at Cards from the Quarry contacted me and we worked out a great trade to start out the new year.  Cards that we both needed were exchanged, appreciation thrown around, nothing big.  However, getting to know Johnny and why he collects, made the trade a great one.  I enjoy getting to know a little bit about fellow bloggers and what interests them.  Did you know that a Tennessee quarterback turned first basemen can make a Kentuckian a big Colorado baseball fan?  Now you do.  Got to admire a baseball fan that can support a team from a great distance while living so close to numerous other teams.  Diehard!!!

Here is a little bit of what I received....

A few 2011 Topps base cards including Royals rookie Tim Collins, a bunch of cards to help continue to knockout my 2011 Heritage set, and a bunch of 2011 Year of Topps subset cards.  I usually don't collect subsets, but decided to add this one to my headaches and enjoyments of collecting.  The young Johnny Bench even looks like one of my World History students at school.  I think I will take it tomorrow and see if a 15 year old knows who Johnny Bench is???

Thanks Johnny for a great trade.  Glad to meet ya!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo, I'm #1.

    It's always great to have a new trading buddy. Once I get my new scanner (hopefully this week), I should have a bunch more trade bait posted on my site, so just let me know if you want anything. I, of course, will be stalking your site looking for more Rockies.

    ReplyDelete