Monday, April 9, 2012

Surprise Package from Crinkly Wrappers

Ted from Crinkly Wrappers responded to one of my recent posts and said he would like to send some cards my way.  Today, I got that package and did it have some great cards.  First, he sent me 28 cards to fit into my 2011 Year of Topps Insert set.  A lot of great additions including this 1959 Roger Maris Kansas City Athletics card.  I always wonder what might have been if many of those Yankee greats would have stayed with whatever Kansas City team they first played for.  I would love to put the 1973 Goose Gossage into my 73 set; however, I will have to leave that spot open until I get the "real" one.


Speaking of 1973 Topps, I found 2 high number cards included in the package including former Royal, Darrell Porter.  With these two cards, my 1973 Topps set now needs only 48 cards to be complete.


Finally, Ted sent over a bunch of Royals including the obligatory 2010 and 2011 All Star selections:  Joakim Soria and Aaron Crow.  Also included were my first Topps stickers from 2011 and 2012:  Billy Butler and Eric Hosmer.  With the All Star game in Kansas City this year, I would love for these two Royal favorites to be named to the All Star team to represent the home town team.




Thanks Ted.  To send this only a few days after the incident at your house is amazing.  If you are like me, sometimes it is the cards that gets my mind off the things I don't wish to think about.  Thanks again and best wishes to you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment