Thursday, April 12, 2012

Two Recent Pickups for the UD Legendary Jerseys Collection

My latest two pickups for my quest to get the complete 2000 Upper Deck Legends Legendary Jerseys insert set arrived this week.  This brings my total number of cards to 28 out of 52.  The two players are both members of the 3000 Hit Club and both members of the Hall of Fame.  One of them was a the legendary base stealer of the Cubs and Cardinals, the other a great slugger mainly the Padres and Yankees.

Here they are......
Lou Brock

Dave Winfield

On a side note, I remember buying the Sport Americana Baseball Player Address Book and I was excited to start asking for autographs.  I remember a wonderfully nice and complimentary letter to Lou Brock.  I never got a reply, and never wrote to another player again. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment