Sunday, January 7, 2018

Better Late Than Never


If you are reading this then you stuck around after my much too long hiatus from blogging.  I am back because I missed writing about my hobby and sharing it with others.  So what has happened over the last four years?  Actually, not much has changed within my collection.  I'm still working on the George Brett PC and putting together Topps sets from 73 to the present.  Perhaps, my biggest project has been the 1956 Topps Set.  I am down to 55 cards to complete the set.  You will most likely see some posts about that set in the upcoming months.  Here is my latest addition, one of two checklists for the set.

From a fan's perspective, I got to see my team win the 2015 World Series after coming so close in 2014. 

However, it looks like I will now be going through another rebuilding with them.  Let's hope it doesn't take another 30 years.  However, even if it does I will still remain a loyal season ticket holder.  Over the last 3 years, I have checked off 3 major league ballparks off my list:  Great American Ballpark, Progressive Field, and Safeco Field.


Our trip to Alaska last year was bookended with a game at Safeco in Seattle and the Midnight Sun Game in Fairbanks.  The pictures below were taken at midnight (no artificial lights were used).



Finally, I am going to work on updating my want list as I would love to get back to trading with some of you again.  If you care to follow me on Twitter you can do so @mattbrenz.


1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you are back. I always enjoyed reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete