Monday, November 19, 2012

Trade with All the Way to the Backstop

Marcus at All the Way to the Backstop and I just completed a trade in which I was able to cross off a number of cards off my wantlists.  He was able to take off a bunch of 2012 Heritage and Update cards.  The prize of the lot though were the extra Royals that he added to the trade.

He put together a 1992 Fleer Ultra Series 1 team set along with some random cards that I scanned below.


As you can see there are many current and one recent Royal including a few prospects that are high up in the farm system.  You may recognize Gregor Blanco who most recently appeared in the World Series with the Giants.  I just hope that I get to see the Royals in the playoffs soon.  I think I can speak for most Royals fans in saying that we are tired of hearing about our great farm system that, unfortunately, has not translated into a winning major league team yet.  There are hopes that current players like Gordon, Butler, Moustakas will be able to see prospects like Odorizzi and Montgomery put together solid seasons on the mound to help with our continual pitching woes.  I guess I will get to see if it happens since we just renewed our season tickets for next year.  I hope it pays off!



No comments:

Post a Comment