Saturday, November 3, 2012

Card Shop Finds - 2011 Year of Topps Inserts

Most of my collection consists of just base sets.  I use any inserts that I get as trade bait to finish up my base set needs.  However, in 2011 I decided to try to put together the Year of Topps insert set and the Year of Topps Lost Cards insert set.  I completed the Lost Card Set last spring through trading, but I have yet to really get close to the Year of Topps insert set until today.  I went to my local card shop which happens to be about an hour away in Shawnee, KS.  The Baseball Card Store has always been good with a nice selection of new products, set building needs, and hobby supplies.  It also includes a number of vintage cards, including graded cards.  I was able to come away with the major card of a set that I am currently close to completing.  That will need its own post in a few days

Today I came away with most of the cards that I needed to complete the Year of Topps insert set including these good looking cards.


I have always appreciated the look of vintage cards and I guess that is why this insert set appealed to me.  Even though there is a good number of recent designs in the set, it is the older styles that I have enjoyed the most.  With these additions, I am down to 5 cards needed to finish off the 118 card set.  The cards that I need include numbers 3, 48, 53, 54, and 70.  If you have any of these, please let me know and we can work out a trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment