Monday, October 29, 2012

What to do now???

It is sad to see the baseball season come to an end.  I really expected to see a 6 or 7 game series with the Tigers coming out on top.  Hats off to the Giants for taking the wind out of the Tigers from the beginning by knocking off Verlander.  

This baseball season was one that I will always remember.  Not for the continued struggle of my beloved Royals despite expectations that they would be better.  But for a season in which I had season tickets for the first time.  A season in which I was able to attend my first major professional sporting event, the All Star Game and all of the festivities that surrounded that.  A season in which I was able to get to two other parks (Baltimore and Washington) besides Kansas City.  A season that was somewhat interrupted with a major move and job change for my wife and I.

So where to we go from here???  I am reminded of one of my favorite baseball quotes from the great Rogers Hornsby.

People ask me what I do in the winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.

Good thing I have MLB Network!

1 comment:

  1. congrats on season tix and going to the all-star game.

    i went to the all-star fanfest when they had it out here in anaheim. it was baseball heaven !

    ReplyDelete