Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Back in the game....with a new job, a new house, and a new set completion!

Well, it has been quite some time since my last post, but when I left you I was in the midst of finishing up another school year, taking on a new job, and trying to sell a house.  I would like to say that all of those things got accomplished, but not that easily.

The house, even in today's market, sold very quickly.  Of course, I decided the phrase "priced to sell" should mean just that.  We bought a new house.  Although I will say that I feel sorry for anybody that tries to buy a house with today's banking regulations in place.  Thanks to the Wall Street banking fiasco for making that process a living hell.  In a quick recap, closing on new house delayed 3 times for a total of 6 weeks, moved out of old house on Thursday night with no place to move to, was approved to move into our new house without closing on it Friday morning, started new job 3 days later, had to miss 2nd day of work to close on new house. There was much *)@#*$& going on!

My wife and I have been in our new jobs for almost 3 months now and are enjoying them a great deal.  I made the move into educational administration while my wife was able to get another teaching job doing what she loves...teaching band!

Moving and starting work in such a short time frame meant not much time to unpack the important stuff....my cards!  Finally, that is slowly getting done.  I have made a few trips to the LCS which is only about an hour from my house, instead of the 3  hours that it used to be.  I have been able to track down some cards for my 1973 set, but finally found the last remaining card of my 2000 Topps HD Set that has eluded me for quite some time.  I have had a few opportunities to buy it through eBay auctions but I wouldn't justify spending $20+ dollars for a lot of 30 cards (29 of which I didn't need)!  Finally, I came across an auction that only required me to buy 4 extra cards for a lot less money.

I give you the elusive 2000 Topps HD #76 Sean Casey.  It's been a long time coming but I'm glad it found its new home.  I think its beautiful!!!


The other four cards included the only two Royals in the set that will find their way into my Royals Team Set notebook, and two sluggers that will probably find their way into someone's trade pile in the future.

It good to be back in the blogosphere again.  I hope the posts keep coming, the trades will once again pick back up, and I will continue working on completing some more sets that I was working on before my hiatus.  Thanks to all of you fellow bloggers for keeping me connected as I continued to read your blogs on a regular basis.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're back! The more Royals card blogging, the better! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!

    I've done the "between homes" thing. You think it's going to be a mild inconvenience. And then ... welcome to HELL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back. The wife and I moved this past May and it went a little bit smoother since the bank really wanted to unload it. It took me a while to poke my head out of my burrow and get back into blogging and collecting because of packing, unpacking, and dealing with all of the little things that pop up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back and I love this set!

    ReplyDelete