Monday, July 15, 2013

Card Show Haul #2 - Koufax, Drysdale

The Independence Mall Card Show this past weekend provided an opportunity to get some things in my collection that I didn't have.  My last post showed a 1955 Bowman card that I was able to put into my collection.  My goal was to get a 1950s card and find one from set in which I had no cards.  Check.
Another goal was to get a vintage card of a "superstar".  Well I not only got one great player, but ended up with two greats on the same card.


I was able to get a card with Sandy Koufax and Don Drysdale.  This 1964 Topps N.L. Strikeout Leaders card only set me back $3, and it was worth it to get a vintage card with these two quality Dodger starters.  Koufax led the N.L. in strikeouts in 1963 with 306 while Drysdale was 3rd with 251.  Jim Maloney of the Reds was 2nd with 265.

Some other items that I ended up with included about 20 1981 Topps cards off my want list which can be found here.  I also picked up two and a half Royals team sets for a total of $2.  I got the 1989 and 1990 Fleer team sets along with a group of 1979 Topps that was missing 7 cards.

My last card show post will highlight some cards from the 1956 Topps set that enabled me to fill my sample page.  Look for it in the next couple of days.

1 comment: