Monday, March 5, 2012

2012 Trade Post #8 - Coot Veal and the Vealtones

Dustin from Coot Veal and the Vealtones and I completed our first trade.  While his cards are on the way with some Orioles and Tigers, I received some nice additions to my Royals collection as well as some fillers for some of my set needs.  I want to highlight the first group of cards because that is what got the trade started. A Justin Huber auto along with a Alex Gordon Bowman parallel and a Joakim Soria Chrome parallel.  I would imagine not many of you have probably heard of Huber.  Justin Huber spent 5 years with the Royals, Padres, and Twins systems, then went to Japan and finally to his native Australia.  I don't know where he will be spending this season, but it looks as if his Major League career my be finished.  It is still a cool card that I am glad to add to my Royals notebook.


The rest of the trade consisted of some more Royals including my first 1975 Topps Mini of Vada Pinson.


Some 1992 Topps, 2009 Topps, 2010 Topps, and 2011 Heritage to help fill some set needs.  Here are the 1992 Mattingly, Olerud, and Mussina cards.


Some very important 1973 Topps for my big project which put me over 500 cards of the set.  They just happen to be the Braves, Giants, and Orioles team cards.


And finally, what may be the best card of the trade, one of the last cards I need for my 1983 Topps set, a Wade Boggs rookie.


Thanks Dustin for a great trade.  I hope you will enjoy your cards that are on the way.




1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the cards. Nice write-up on Huber. I knew he played in Japan, but didn't know about Australia. Seems like he had a ton of cards in 2006--a lot of hype for an international mediocrity-star.

    ReplyDelete