Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Local Card Shop - Wes' Baseball Cards - Lincoln, NE and Opening Day Baseball

Warm weather + Opening Day baseball = Road Trip.  Today, I headed north to Lincoln, Nebraska for the University of Nebraska home opener against Kansas State.  I went for the Wildcats NOT the Huskers!!!  I remembered a card shop that I visited about 8 years ago so I decided to see if it was still in business.  I found Wes' Baseball Cards to still be in business and full of cards like I remembered.    Wes' Baseball Cards has everything you will need...boxes of commons, many different types of wax packs and boxes, graded cards, relic cards, vintage cards, supplies.  You name it, he has it.  The store is full but very organized.  I had a great conversation with the owner prior to heading to the game and ended up spending an hour and a half finding cards to check off my want list.  Staying true to my promise to not buy any 2012 Topps but work on my set needs I came away with the stash you see below.


A few cards from 7 different sets including 1973, 1983, 1992, 2009, 2010, and 2011.  The one card at the bottom right, a 2009 Topps Chris Dickerson, was the final card I needed to complete my 2009 Topps set.  That was worth the trip right there.  However, if you look at the top left, you will notice what I am most pleased with.  A big stack of 1973 Topps including many high numbers!  I have yet to check, but I am pretty sure this will knock my set needs under 50 as there are well over 100 cards here.

Unfortunately, the Wildcats lost today in an exciting game.  But the day was worthwhile with a trip to Wes' Baseball Cards.  Stop by if you are ever in need of anything!  Here is his information below.

3 comments:

  1. I'll be visiting Omaha in a week, so I may have to head south and visit Wes'. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know when your 1973 want list is up to date, I may have some cards you need.

    ReplyDelete