Wednesday, February 8, 2012

2012 Trade Post #4 - Blog Reader Brendan (A Royal Trifecta)

I was contacted by blog reader Brendan and we were able to settle on a trade that helped me tremendously with the 2011 Topps Update want list.  I decided to take a Royals theme with my scans so I present to you a current Royal, a former Royal and a Royal killer.


Eric Hosmer had a great season for the Royals during his rookie season batting .293 with 19 homers and 78 r.b.i.'s.  He finished 3rd in the A.L. Rookie of the Year voting behind Jeremy Hellickson and Mark Trumbo.

Former Royal Matt Stairs has played for 12 different teams during his career including 3 for the Royals from 2004-2006.  Stairs ability to hit the long ball made him a quality left-handed pinch hitter.  His 265 career home runs make him the all-time Canadian born leader and he also holds the record for most home runs by any player that has been on 10+ teams.

Finally, David Ortiz, the career leader in home runs by a designated hitter.  I give you his home run from August 8, 2006 off Luke Hudson at Kauffman Stadium.


Thanks Brendan for a great trade!

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I like you blog. But unlike Shelly, I'm a real life person.
    Did you take this video? I remember this homer because I was at this game. It was the first game I'd been to at Kaufmann and it was also the first time I saw Hoch pitch in the majors. Brought back good memories, even if it isn't fun seeing him get homered on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric...I didn't take this video. And it was Hudson that got the start. One of his last in the majors before injuries forced his retirement. As much as I like the Royals, I really just like baseball and watching good players play (which makes it all the worse that I am a Royals fan). I just hope they are going to really turn it around this time.

    ReplyDelete