Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dmitri Young to Sell Card Collection

According to Pat Neshek's twitter account, the card collection of Dmitri Young is about to go up for sale.  I read about Young's impressive collection of Gem Mint rookie cards when the original story came out in 2008.  Sounds like a lot of money is about to change hands and new records for some of those cards could be reached.  Here is a link to the original story about his collection from PSA.

Personally, I can say that I don't own one single graded card.  Never found the point in it for the average collector.  However, if you are wanting to make a business out of it, I think that is the only way to go.  Buy cheap, get it slabbed, and sell high.  I have thought about sending one of my cards in to get graded, but just haven't pulled the trigger.  If I ever decide to sell it, I will spend the money to see what kind of grade I can get.  My one card worthy of grading.....


I use to have two of these.  If you want to know what happened to the 2nd one, you will need to listen to  the Thorzul's first Card Wars podcast in which I came out victorious.  Here is the link to my original post about that, and here is the link to the post at Thorzul Will Rule.

3 comments:

  1. It's actually Dmitri Young (Delmon's brother) that has the collection.

    I have several graded cards in my collection, but they are only for a couple of specific purposes. One is Fred McGriff PSA 10s of which I have about 40. The other is a PSA 9 Topps set of my birth year (1976) which I have been working on for several years now and I have around 100 of those. They are kind of cool, but I wouldn't want any other graded cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sad thing is I knew that and still screwed it up. Thanks for setting me straight. Corrections made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still say book value on a Gem 10 card should be no more than high raw value.

    ReplyDelete